RE: 4x4: Can you smoke 'em?

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 17:39:01 EST

Duff,
How many miles on the 95??
BKB

-----Original Message-----
From: brian duffey [mailto:brian.duffey@intelsat.int]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 1999 1:56 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: 4x4: Can you smoke 'em?

Hmmm....

I bought a cylinder compression gauge the other day when picking up some
other parts, as I've thought for sometime that maybe my compression was low.

My Dak tends to bog if I nail the pedal to the floor from a stand still.
Once I hit about 15-20mph - it starts to rock. But the bogging, combined
with the unusual amount of oil deposit on some of the plugs I pulled this
weekend, makes me think I need to get the valves or head checked ?!?

Not the area of my DAK I was hoping to put $$ into. But, if the compression
is suffering, fixing the problem should but some squeal back into the
rearend!

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
-------------
Original Text
From JDSMITH4@SMTPGATE (Jon Smith) {jdsmith4@hotmail.com}, on 16/02/1999
3:40 PM:
To: DAKOTA-T@SMTPGATE {dakota-truck@buffnet.net}

It's a SLT CC slush-o-matic with 31x10.50 General Grabber a/t's. It
dosn't have LSD (yet) but most of the time when I get one it, I receive
two lovely black snakes behind the tires. I've never seen an open diff.
that will roll over both tires like this truck does. I figure when I
get the B&F TB, I'll have to add LSD. Not to mention another set of
tires as these will be down to cords in no time.

Jon Smith