Front Tow Hooks for Pre97 Dakota

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 18:29:20 EST

Currently, I have 2 "Jeep" style tow hooks(10,000 lbs rating per hook) bolted
to the front of my Dakota on the frame horn ends, I just drilled 2 holes on
each side of the frame horn and bolted up the tow hooks. Well they work, but
in order for them to work I have to take off my lower air dam whenever I
4wheelin. This only takes about 25 miuntes, but I still dont really care to
the current setup I have. Overall, these are only like 4" long. I know some
fellow DMLers run a kick ass Mopar front tow hook kit, but it is for 97 and
newer Dakotas. In this kit, are this hooks similar to the Ram's hooks??? How
long of these for those who own them?? It doesnt really matter that I have to
take the air dam off, but I would rather have longer hooks, like the Ram style
hooks. I like the length of these, just not sure how long they really are.
Anyone know???? The dealer wants way tooo much for them, so I would probably
take them off a wrecked Ram. Any ideas on what I can do fairly inexpensively
to get the tow hook to stick out past the bumper alittle more, ones that are
more user friendly when/if I would need them.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
100,500 miles