Re: Re: ATTN Audio Buffs (Questions about RC stereo install)

From: Chris Tesinsky (yellowrt@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 19:26:33 EST

I have a club cab, but the speakers that are factory in here front and
rear are 6.5's which means all you would need is an adapter, if it is
the same set-up as the club cab. A sealed box would yield you a smaller
box, also it would be a very musical box, not a one hit wonder, but you
wouldn't be as loud. A ported box, or vented, is generally 3db louder
than a sealed box, but the vented box has a greater roll off of
frequency, so a 20 hz note wouldn't be as loud as the note would be in a
sealed box, but a 50 hz note would be 3db louder, which is twice the
amount of amplifier power. I hope this has helped you, and not confused
you.

Chris Tesinsky
'99 Solar Yellow R/T CC

>Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:15:07 -0700
>From: "Ryan D. Krokosinski" <eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com>
>To: DML <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
>Subject: DML: Re: ATTN Audio Buffs (Questions about RC stereo install)

I haven't really been following the audio thread but I have a few
questions
for anyone who feels kind enough to answer:
approx.
can be fabricated for behind the seats?&nbsp; What is the difference
between
a sealed and a vented box?&nbsp; Will 5 1/4 speakers fit in the factory
holes in the rear with little modification i.e. no major hackage.
am trying to decide how to install it.&nbsp; Any suggestions would be
helpful
and appreciated.&nbsp; The components I have are:
8's)
but haven't got any info on the Alpine yet.
giving
a suggestion keep in mind I am looking for sound quality and am not a
Bass
Head.&nbsp; Thanks for listening.