Re: ATTN Audio Buffs (Questions about RC stereo install)

From: Ryan D. Krokosinski (eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 18:15:07 EST

I haven't really been following the audio thread but I have a few questions for anyone who feels kind enough to answer:
I have a '99 RC R/T.  I'm wondering what size (cubes) box approx. can be fabricated for behind the seats?  What is the difference between a sealed and a vented box?  Will 5 1/4 speakers fit in the factory holes in the rear with little modification i.e. no major hackage.
I have a system that has been in my closet for a couple of years and am trying to decide how to install it.  Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.  The components I have are:
Soundstream Continuum Amp (reference A) 660 watts.
Phoenix Gold Zeropoint 5 1/4 with separate tweeters. (2 sets)
Audiocontrol Epicenter Bass Enhancer
Phoenix Gold Power Cap (can't remember specs exactly)
No box or subs yet (need suggestions - thinking about Phoenix Gold 8's)
Debating either Pioneer DEH-85 or the new Alpine din & half deck but haven't got any info on the Alpine yet.

For anyone gracious enough to have read this far and considering giving a suggestion keep in mind I am looking for sound quality and am not a Bass Head.  Thanks for listening.

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC