Re: RE: Need to confirm rumors about tires on 4x4's!

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 20:52:39 EST

The BEST way to determine needed tire pressure is to invest in a good tire
thermometer (the kind that pokes into the tread). After running the truck,
you take temps on the outside edge, inside edge, and center of the tire
tread. Temps should be even across the tread. If it's higher in the center
your air pressure is too high - if it's lower in the center your air
pressure is too low. If it's higher or lower on one edge of the tire, then
you have uneven loading on the tire, either from incorrect alignment or poor
tire fit.