re:bog

From: Drew Schofield (droopie@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 22:52:56 EST

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:56:00 -0500
From: brian duffey <brian.duffey@intelsat.int>
Subject: Re: DML: 4x4: Can you smoke 'em?

Hmmm....

I bought a cylinder compression gauge the other day when picking up some

other parts, as I've thought for sometime that maybe my compression was
low.
My Dak tends to bog if I nail the pedal to the floor from a stand still.

Once I hit about 15-20mph - it starts to rock. But the bogging, combined

with the unusual amount of oil deposit on some of the plugs I pulled
this
weekend, makes me think I need to get the valves or head checked ?!?

Not the area of my DAK I was hoping to put $$ into. But, if the
compression
is suffering, fixing the problem should but some squeal back into the
rearend!

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI

Duff,

my 98 is the same way. I even took the 10" Edlebrock open element off
it. I have a duct that runs from the stock airbox out thru an opening
next to the radiator. When I'd nail it with the 10" open air cleaner on
it, it would bog very bad, until about 3000 then scream. I only had a
2" tall element, so I thought maybe it was not getting good airflow.
It doesn't seem to be as bad with the stock box back on, but it doesn't
have the punch it used to. Plus my tranny is really sucking now. The
mid-to wide open throttle shifting is really annoyingly soft. Need to
put a shift kit in it.

--

Drew Schofield Visit my web page at http://www.angelfire.com/tn/page4drew