Re: 4x4: Can you smoke 'em?

From: Mitzi & David Fishman (fish@ihot.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 23:06:09 EST

>From all the responses to this thread, it appears that 80% of the
respondants can't read, and the rest are friggin' liars! I said 97+
auto 4x4 w/ 31" tires and 3.92 gears. So, I get a couple of guys with
5speeds, a couple guys with pre-96's, a couple of guys with 235 tires, a
couple of guys with 3.55a guy with motorcycle tires on his truck, and
some guy who can smoke his Uncle Boogers Bumper Dumper! The few guys
who can read *and* tell the truth can't smoke their tires either. I
love this list!

So, could someone who actually knows something, please tell me why it
appears that 3.55 gears smoke the tires better than 3.92's? That seems
counterintuitive to me. It seems like the taller gears should work
better.

Cheers,
fish
99 SLT+ CC V8 4x4