Re: 3" xtension

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 07:09:41 EST

<<-Sure it's not supposed to be an extension perpendicular to be able to
reach the adjusting nut?
I think maybe there might have been a misprint if it told you it would
mount parallel to the torque wrench.
  Probably ought to slide under the truck and take a peak and see if you
need a 3" xtension to be able to reach the nut if it is a socket
extension mounted on the torque wrench normally. BTW, if you dont have
this xtension on the wrench, you will change the value the torque is
actually being applied at.
Patrick>>

Patrick,

It definitely runs parallel to the wrench (they show a picture of it) and it
says to use a lower torque value if the extension is used. The "front" bands
are easy to get at... they show using the extension to adjust the "rear" bands
which are adjusted from inside so I won't know if I need the extension 'till I
drop the pan. If I can't get my hands on a welder and "roll my own", any ideas
where I might find something like this?

Tom