Re: Plugs and Wires?

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 14:06:50 EST

<< 've been out of the loop for a while, I've been busy with real
 life. The 3" Gibson cat-back that I ordered should be in this week sometime.
 Noise is cool. Got a couple of questions for you folks who have done
 Ignition system mods. Have any of you just replaced the wires and maintained
 the stock coil and rotor etc... and noticed performance gains. Also, the
 same thing with spark plugs. What brands are my fellow Dak owners running
 for wires/plugs and what diameter are the wires. Any input will be
 appreciated. >>

I first just put on MSD's Super Conductor 8.5MM wires #32189 on my V6(have 2
xtras) and noticed a nice increase in power. I did already had a Borg Warner
Select brass cap and rotor on it. I pulled my 30,000 mile old Truck Plugs and
put the Platinum +4's in and yanked those after 30 miles and put my old plugs
back in, ran great. I went out and got some new Truck Plugs, just cause the
others were showing wear. I recently put on an Accel Super Coil and noticed at
smoother idle, but the wires were still the best increase/mod I have put on my
Dakota as far as performance goes.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6