RE: re: new truck-tire wear

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 14:22:11 EST

My tires have not been rotated since the dealer did them at 3K. I'm due to
have it done again, but am 1) lazy, and 2) can never seem to find the time
to deal with tire dudes. I corner a little harder than I really should with
a 4X4 myself and have even been known to get a little sideways when in a
hurry. Kinda funny that a 4X4 should handle this well :) I've thought about
varying the front and rear pressure, but the tires are wearing perfectly, so
why mess with a good thing?

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach Headers, DDBC

<snip>
How often do you get your tires rotated?

I have had them rotated once. Just went over 18k miles. I corner pretty
hard. Perhaps why? I had more front tire wear with normal PSI.

BTW, I haven't noticed any harsher ride with the additional 3-4 Lbs in the
front, But I have noticed a much nicer ride by removing about 5lbs from the
rear.
<unsnip>