Re: RE: RE: RE: Cold air under the hood

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 14:34:46 EST

In a message dated 2/17/99 12:20:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, A5LTRETR@aol.com
writes:

<< Hey Charles,
 Water won't do any thing to an engine? Are you nuts? Lets see here... water
 goes in the intake disguising itself as say...air. It makes its way through
 the intake valve and into say a combustion chamber. Can you guess what
 happens next. Well since water doesn't compress (by no means) It decides to
 bend a rod or two. Think it can't happen, I've seen it. The only way it
might
 not harm it is if the water is in such small amounts that it turns to steam
 when it enters the chamber. A big gulp though and rods go flying.
 -Blaine Harrell

No bud... I'm not nuts ...just talking from experiance. My point was
occasional rain through a K&N will do NOTHING to a motor. I'm not talking
about vacuming up a puddle with your intake. Ask anyone with a ram air set-up
or watch swamp buggies some time on TNN...I dont see any bent pushrods. I had
an 11 second street car... do you?
Charles smith
1999 Dakota R/T
15.1@95 mph (g-tech)
Check out my site...copy and paste the line below into your browser

http://members.aol.com/ican2u7176/index.htm