Re: Y pipes

From: WM96@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 16:34:02 EST

        I had a shop do my Y-pipe and I'm pretty pleased with it. The Y itself was
$90. It's not mandrel bent which would have been nice, but I got it at the
same time as I got the rest of my exhaust done. I have a 2.25 Y going into a
3" high flow cat with a 3" center in/out dynomax race magnum dumping over the
axle. Overall, I am very pleased (finally) with my exhaust setup.

Will
<< With all this talk of replacing the Y pipes, has anyone ever gone to an

exhaust shop and had one made instead of going with the aftermarket Y pipes?

My friend had one made and installed on his '64 Chevelle for around $120 and

he was very pleased. They were 2 1/2" pipes. What would be the drawback to

having one made versus buying an aftermarket Y pipe? What do you guys think?

If my DT's had not brought one, I would have had one made.

Jav