Y pipes

From: Gonzalez, Javier (GonzalezJ@repind.com)
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 11:25:41 EST

With all this talk of replacing the Y pipes, has anyone ever gone to an
exhaust shop and had one made instead of going with the aftermarket Y pipes?
My friend had one made and installed on his '64 Chevelle for around $120 and
he was very pleased. They were 2 1/2" pipes. What would be the drawback to
having one made versus buying an aftermarket Y pipe? What do you guys think?
If my DT's had not brought one, I would have had one made.

Jav