RE: all go and no whoa!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 18:40:40 EST

The only brake problems i've encountered so far...at 29K miles is that when
it's really humid outside, the left rear decides to lock up on initial
braking. The temporary fix until I bring it to Dodge...ride the brakes in
the morning for about 10 seconds..lightly of course...to heat them up and no
more problems. I haven't taken the brakes apart yet to find out why...but
it sounds like something to do one of these weekends.

I totally agree with the fact that the OEM brake pads/shoes suck. They DO!
They fade, chatter occasionally, and I really hate the humidity thing. I
will be ordering the pads/shoes on my own for two reasons: (1) Not to get
screwed on the price from the dealer and (2) better quality Semi-Metallic
H/D pads/shoes.

(Maybe Dodge decided to skimp a little bit on some of the parts to give us
all a better overall truck. Ya never know.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
License Plate Frame: "Don't Follow Me...I'm Trolling for Toyota's"
Song for the Day: "Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the
road....."