Re: Good exhaust for '99 R/T

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 20:32:36 EST

Hey!

Just did this on Monday.

Ultra-FLO (round) stainless muffler, 3" in/out... 3" pipe
from front of muffler to the CAT. 3" pipe on rear of
muffler split into dual 2.25" pipes... then dual 2.25"
pipes to side exits (one on right side (oem), and one on
the left side) with 3.5" chrome slash cut (like OEM, just
bigger) tips.

Cost- $343.05 installed (Ultra-FLO is an expensive,
STAINLESS muffler)...

Sound? Mellow, louder than stock, deeper, but not obnoxious.

Power? So far, off the line acceleration seems either better or
no change-- which is good... meaning the backpressure is
correct with the OBD-II computer.

Nothing like starting up in the morning, and seeing the exhaust
condensation from BOTH sides of the truck pooring out!!!
Sound would be similar to that of a 5.0L (yuck) mustand with duals
(stock), but a LOT deeper/mellow in sound.

As soon as I get well enough to get my butt out to record a sound
clip, I'll post it to the DML page.

Sam '99 RT