Do you turn off overdrive for "city" driving? -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 21:11:15 EST

I don't... I figure the whole Oz. of gas I save will come in handy someday
=) I guess I'm just too lazy to actually press the button everytime I start
the truck... most of the time I don't go over 45 around town anyway so it
doesn't shift into OD that much.. less wear and tear on that little button =)
hehehehe

-mike d.

>>> "S.T. Arvey" <strv@erols.com> 02/16/99 11:37pm >>>
I wonder what fraction of Dakota drivers turn off overdrive in city driving
(or just driving
under 50 mph). (I know i won't know the "fraction" by asking on this
group, but....). I find it's
alot easier to drive in "city" conditions with OD off mainly because less
braking is required (the truck
slows down faster). Anyone else think that's a good reason to turn off
OD? (I don't find hunting to be much
of a problem though).