Re: Plugs and Wires?(more info)

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 22:21:54 EST

Get an MSD6A ignition unit, either MSD or Magnecor wires, and plugs are your
choice (personally, I'm running Autolites, I haven't noticed much difference
between brands). With MSD, you should be able to open your plug gap up to
at least 0.050".

I've heard mostly bad stuff about Splitfire plugs. MSD does not recommend
them, and I've never put them in my truck. However, I did put them in my
Honda GoldWing (1200/4) and they've been running like a champ for 12k miles
so far (manual says to change plugs like every 4k).