Re: Re: Do you turn off overdrive for

From: Michael Clark (markiiidakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 00:26:41 EST

>Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:16:53 -0800
>From: Mitzi & David Fishman <fish@ihot.com>
>Not a scientific study, but it *appears* that gas mileage actually
>improves with higher rpms. Make sense, or am I lying again?
>
>Anybody else play with this?

Funny you mentioned this. There has been a few times when i would play
around on the highway with OD turned off a lot. Nearly half the tank
was used without OD, the other half "normal" driving. When I filled up
I was expecting some REALLY bad mileage, but it was the same as it
usually is! I never thought real hard on it, but I feel that you might
be right.

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html