Re: Chevy Vortec V8?

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 08:03:30 EST

Are you kidding. Has Chevy ever made a truck with over 200 hp? No. I
could slap 500 hp on the side of a briggs and stratton, and put it in a
all new uglyer truck and chevy fans would eat it up. Like candy. Here at
school, we have a chevy quad 4 that they advertized as a 130hp engine in
some car. On the dyno, with no flywheel, accesoryes or anything it made
almost 90hp. The bad LT4 engine (no stuff on it either) made 301 hp,
after we worked on it. The EFI 350 that was in the '94> camaros even with
us controlling the computer map only can make around 270 hp. Thats sad.
Imagine what happens when you put a water pump, ac, power steering, air
pump, ect on it.

Bill
'97 SS/T