Re: RE: RE: Speaking of Jacobs

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 08:24:42 EST

I may try that before I go to different wires. I know for sure that I have
di-electric grease on the plug ends and I'm also getting some arcing from
the end of the boot to the spark plug heat shield. Apparently the Jacobs
ignition puts out more voltage than their wires can handle.........

btw, when you check under your hood, it has to be ABSOLUTELY PITCH DARK or
you won't see any cross-firing. This is where the garage comes in handy -
if you're out in your driveway, it won't be dark enough (unless you live way
out in the boonies :)