Re: HAM in a Dak -- Found Problem

From: Ron Gallimore (rgallim@geocities.com)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 20:48:43 EST

"Shane L. Placeway" wrote:

> Are you using a 2m HT? When you say stock antenna, are you meaning the
> rubber ducky on the HT? Seems very strange that the air bag is causing
> the interference. Do you have a mag mount you can try instead of the
> ducky? Is this happening only when you have the unit plugged into the
> aux. 12v? Do you have a DC filtered cig plug adapter for your HT?

Yes, I am using a 2M HT with the rubber duckie. I was trying to use
basic english for the people that are not HAMs. I have tried a mag
mount antenna and it is just as bad. I only use the battery on my radio
and not an aux. plug. I found it strange too but that is what is
causing it unless there is something else using the air bag circuit.

--
Ron, KC8JFK
ICQ#:  2522310