wider tires

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 21:38:24 EST

My '97' sport needs new tires and I need to learn from everyone's
mistakes.
The stock Goodyear Eagles are 235x70 15s. I want to go wider for
traction and
looks, but don't want to screw up the speedo or the computer. The tire
and
wheel calculator on Tire Rack's website tells me that I need a 275x60.
Can I
go this wide without clearance problems? Firestone, Dunlop, and Winston
make
that size. What else should I consider? Thanks, David

-First things first. What size wheel do you have (width) ? That will
ultimately dictate the largest tires you can go to...
Patrick