Re: Cleaning Headliners

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 14:08:09 EST

At 06:41 AM 2/19/99 , you wrote:

>The 94 Dakota Sport that I am considering purchasing was owned by a
>smoker. The normally gray headliner has a yellowish tinge to it. Does
>anyone know of a good way to get this clean?

You might try a spray on fabric cleaner like they make for cleaning sofas
and chairs. You spray it on a damp sponge (it's like a foam) and then rub
it into the fabric and vacuum once it drys. Be advised that I have not
tried this so use at your own risk. If it makes your headliner come
unglued, well they're not that expansive to replace and that may well be
your best solution anyway.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

For others who may not know this:
When the preacher says, "You may now kiss
the bride," he's only speaking to the groom.