Re: Two Week Report

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 21:04:02 EST

Your problem may be the plate gasket on the intake manifold - I've got the
TSB around here somewhere, came direct from MoPar Performance News.....

I wouldn't completely rule out carbon deposits from high-grade gasoline.
I've heard many bad things about high-octane gas from many different
sources. In my opinion, the only thing high-octane gas is good for is if
your engine is knocking from high compression or overly-advanced timing - it
is way over-rated. Use the lowest octane you can get by with without having
any pinging - your truck will start easier and run just the same..... oh
yeah, carbon does build up in the combustion chambers no matter what kind of
gasoline you use, so when your engine has 20,000 miles on it, its effective
compression ratio will be higher than when it was brand new.