tire choice

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 23:07:22 EST

Patrick, My rims are the split spokes that come with the t&h package.
think they are 8". I've been told that the 275 will fit on the rim, but

they wonder about whether the tire will rub on something, lock to lock.

-T&H Package came with 15X8, you are correct. The most comfortable fit
with no fear of rubbing is P255/60R15. The difference in height between
the 235 and 255 is so minimal that it is inconsequential to speedometer
readings, etc. P275's are not quite as common, and will fit on your
rims, but rubbing is a question. However, there are a few on the list
that have 295/50R15's that swear they dont rub, so you never know.
  Hey, Ben, how do you like the P255/60R15 Firehawk SS10?
Patrick