Re[2]: I love my Dak, But........ (a little long - sorr

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 07:50:28 EST

<<Does anyone else wonder why if dakotas are such a great truck, then why is
this whole DML filled with problems?
-Dester>>
There just aint no way I'm going through the archives to verify this but I'd
hazard a guess that posts break down this way (very broad categories):

75% Go faster/better overall performance/mod results posts and general
questions. To include tires, exhaust, engine, driveline, stereo components,
etc., etc., etc.

15% Fluff/general horsing around and flame wars... This could be higher :-)

10% Vehicle failures and problems.

What needs to be considered is that the list is comprised of folks that cover
the entire spectrum of Daks... From vintage 87 models (or older?) to hot off
the line 99 models. For the older trucks that have spent some time in the real
world there will necessarily be some breakdowns and repairs need --it's the
nature of anything mechanical. For the new daks, all I can say is I always buy
new and I have yet to purchase an automobile or motorcycle that I didn't have to
bring back to the dealership for tweaking/repair of minor manufacturing defects
or design flaws.

Whether it's a Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, GM or Ford I have yet to meet a vehicle
owner that hasn't had the same experience... The key is finding a dealership
that will work with you to resolve the little hiccups rather than making it a
nightmare/pain in the butt. --I've been lucky in this regard so far (knock on
wood!).

Just my $.005

Tom