Re: Re[2]: I love my Dak, But........ (a little long - sorr

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 12:38:05 EST

I bought my Dodge because they have superior powertrains. I didn't buy it
for quality and I knew the paint would go in a few years, but the truck has
never let me down and always gets me where I need to go.

A few years ago a lot of the hardcore car guys (that weren't brand-loyal)
were saying the best cars would be made by GM and powered by Chrysler.
Sometime I wonder if that isn't still true; however, Chrysler's build
quality has improved tremendously since the mid-80's and even surpassed Ford
in the early 90's (Chrysler sued Ford for airing those commercials saying
that Ford had best quality vehicles). They have good profit margins because
they re-designed their corporate structure and the way they design and build
cars (at the same time improving quality). They are also selling a lot more
vehicles than they did a few years ago. The RAM trucks are everywhere - you
saw few Dodge trucks before the RAM came out in '94. As they say, a crowd
attracts a crowd. You see lotsa Dodges around, you figure they can't be too