Re: re:4 cylinder Y pipe?????

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 13:41:37 EST

The Y-pipe is the exhaust pipe which, in effect, connects the two exhaust
manifolds or header pipes on a V-6 or V-8 (V10,V12 also...) to a single
exhaust....Your 4 cylinder does not use a Y pipe since it only has a single
exhaust manifold....

You could look into a header for your 4-popper...I installed a header on an
85 D-50 w/ 2.6 Mitsubishi......Worked nice and sounded nice.....

At 10:33 AM 2/20/99 -0600, you wrote:
>In regards to the Y pipe what exactly does it do, and where do I get it
>from,
>and it will work on a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder dakota right...
>
>Thankjs
>
>Ethan
>

>--
>
>Unless you put another 4 cylinder in your truck next to the one that's
>in there, you can't use a Y pipe. The Y pipe connects the exhaust
>manifold or headers into 1 pipe going back to the cat and muffler. If
>you run true duals you don't have a Y pipe either..
>
>Drew Schofield
>Visit my web page at http://www.angelfire.com/tn/page4drew

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!