Re: R/T SBEC (Computer) Update

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 15:00:30 EST

O26ON4@aol.com wrote:

> FWIW,
> I spoke with Mopar today and they said 5 months before release. I asked is
> this from an official source and he said he's not sure, that's what they're
> telling him, whoever "they" are.
>
> Also, I spoke with Jim Bell of Kenne-Bell about his optimizer ($600) and was
> somewhat disappointed. They only change timing and fuel curve, no tranny shift
> points, TC lockup point, or speed limiter increase. I can go to Hennessey here
> in Houston and they'll change any aspect my heart desires for $800. He spoke
> about the Jet Power Module, after I mentioned I had one, and asked if my
> engine light was coming on and I said as a matter of fact yes, twice, and that
> I just sent it off for warranty for the second time. He said it'll never work
> because the OBD II recognizes the manner in which it's altering the parameters
> as a problem. He went on to say that Superchips made the part for Jet. I find
> that hard to believe, which also left me with a little less faith in what he'd
> said up to that point.
>
> Steve in Houston
FYI, I've been running a JET II since about 1,500 mi. 13,000mi. and
going stronger than ever. No check engine light, or any type of failure
for that matter.
That Hennessy Co. has been on my mind, I know they are into MOPAR
Performance. I've seen plenty of their Vipers at the track. The price
doesn't really seem too outrageous if I could get a custom burn like
that. I also would be interested in a Speedbrain type of comp that is
laptop adjustable, and changeable. A couple hours on a dyno, and
lookout. Alan S.