R/T SBEC (Computer) Update

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 08:42:31 EST

FWIW,
I spoke with Mopar today and they said 5 months before release. I asked is
this from an official source and he said he's not sure, that's what they're
telling him, whoever "they" are.

Also, I spoke with Jim Bell of Kenne-Bell about his optimizer ($600) and was
somewhat disappointed. They only change timing and fuel curve, no tranny shift
points, TC lockup point, or speed limiter increase. I can go to Hennessey here
in Houston and they'll change any aspect my heart desires for $800. He spoke
about the Jet Power Module, after I mentioned I had one, and asked if my
engine light was coming on and I said as a matter of fact yes, twice, and that
I just sent it off for warranty for the second time. He said it'll never work
because the OBD II recognizes the manner in which it's altering the parameters
as a problem. He went on to say that Superchips made the part for Jet. I find
that hard to believe, which also left me with a little less faith in what he'd
said up to that point.

Steve in Houston