Re: Suspension lift vs. Body lift

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 18:30:42 EST

Hmmm...The 15x8s should work, depending on the width of the tire of course.
 A set of 33x12.5s should fit pretty nicely on the 15x8s. I had those
tires on my 79 Bronco(now sold) on a set of 15x10 rims, it looked like
15x8s would work fine with that size. I have a friend with a hopped up
Jeep Wrangler who now has a set of 33 x 14.5 Super Swamper Boggers on a set
of 15x8s. NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!! He keeps 'em set at about 10-15psi to
keep the wear even.

I say go with the body lift now, and see if you like the extra height. If
you do, and someone comes out with a suspension lift for the 97-up, get it.
 Then take the body lift off(if ya want) and give it to someone on the list.

I think the body lift is $100 or so. The tires should come in at around
$150-$200 apiece I would think.

Brian