G-TECH Mopar/Leach Headers Performance Stats

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 18:33:55 EST

Eric wrote:

> >Truckin magazine did
> >a story on the MOPAR header & cat-back install on
> >a Dodge Ram SS/T truck and this upgrade only produced
> >5 to 6 hp's at the rear wheels on a roller dyno.
> 3.9 rearend
>
> My point is, I do think you gain more than 5-6 HP with headers and catback
>
> Swede/
> 99 R/T Dakota CC
> Black & Loaded
> Mail: dakota_rt99@hotmail.com

Jim in Waco Writes;
I installed the Mopar headers on my 99 R/T RC but left the STOCK catback on.
Here are the results from my G-Tech.
I know G-Tech isn't perfect, but a before and after measurement with it should
be!
HP was 191 before now 205 after. Gain 14 HP.(Based on 4350 Lbs weight as my
best guess)
!/4 mile times and MPH;
1/4 miles was 15.33 at 91.5 mph before, now 15.05 at 93.7 mph. .28 Sec quicker.
(not bad!)
Truck specs: 99 R/T Reg Cab, Mopar headers, Mopar FABM with paper filter, 4k
miles on truck, 54 deg outside temp.
Truck weight guessed by 4075 on invoice + 200 for me + 75 for Mopar fiberglass
bed cover and rubber bed mat. ( also full tank of gas not considered. This
affects the HP measurement accuracy but same weight used in before and after
results.)
Factory tires at 35 psi. (considerable wheelspin)
DO THESE FIGURES ADD UP? I think they do!
Now I want to do T-body mods and a better air cleaner with K&N filter for cold
air.
Comments Welcome!!!!!
Jim in Waco.