RE: Suspension lift vs. Body lift

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 18:40:21 EST

Well, 31" diameter to 33" diameter will raise the axle 1" (the radius would
be 15.5" and 16.5" if the measurements were perfect, which they aren't, but
1" difference is pretty close anyway).

The tires that will fit on the 15x8 wheels depends on how wide the tires
are. BFG makes the Radial All Terrain and Mud Terrain in 33x9.50, which
would definitely fit. Interco makes the Super Swamper TSL Radial in
33x10.50, which would also definitely fit. As far as I know, 33x12.50 tires
won't quite squeeze on 8" rims. Well, it's not recommended, anyway. Most
manufacturers I've seen recommend a minimum 8.5" wide rim for 33x12.50.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of body lifts, since you aren't lifting the
frame (except the bit of clearance the tires buy you). I'm going to wait
until the truck is paid for and then get the suspension lift. Just my
preference.

Jason Bleazard
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd