re: Suspension lift vs. Body lift

From: Ken Keilman (kman940@lava.net)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 20:34:47 EST

>Let's chat about the Pro's and Con's of a Suspension lift vs. a Body lift.
>All opinions would be welcome!
>
>Jason
>98 CC, 4X4, 318
>

>I was reading in a 4x4 magazine that 31" tires will fit a stock Dakota.(At
least my 95) Any thoughts/experiences? Also, what about just cranking up
the torsion bars. I don't have 2500 bucks to spend on a lift (kit and labor)

Also, I was gonna order a gibson single 3", but in the notes it says it
won't fit a standard cab V-8 4x4. What's up with that?!?!

Also, a commentary on why there is so much aftermarket for Ford and GM.
It's because their stuff SUCKS stock and needs all the help they can get.
We already have an unfair advantage.

p.s. If anyone wants to add some bass to a standard cab pre-97, send me a
post, I've got the dimensions from when I built my sub enclosure.

Ken

95 SLT V-8, 4X4