RE: disable shift light

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 00:14:57 EST

Bob,
The upshift indicator is controlled by the PCM which Chrysler so nicely
decided to leave out of their manual. But through diligent searching, here
is your answer. I hope you find it helpful.
 *** This is for the 3.9 and 5.2 engine. ***
The indicator lamp is wired from pin-K of the Red #2 Cluster Connector back
to pin--54 of the PCM. Here is the pin-to-pin layout per my '95 Chrysler
manual from the lamp to the PCM: (Red) Instrument cluster #2-pinK to
connector C116-pin20, to connector C106-pin7, to connector C130-pin54 of the
PCM.
NOTE: You can always just take out the bulb. Its the small lamp just under
the fuel gauge, or tachometer depending on which dash you have. You might
want to disconnect your battery before messing with the cables. Some of the
wires are hot at all times. Happy hunting!
Rich - Ashburn, VA