Re: Suspension lift vs. Body lift

From: Walter_Felix (Walter_Felix@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 09:32:18 EST

Duff,
    I have the 3" body lift kit and cranked torsion bars on my 88' and I rub
with 31"s. If you use any rims with a negative offset (most aftermarket),
with a 2" body lift, you will have a rubbing problem with 31" tires. The
tires will hit on the back of the fender. I have also seen that 31" tires
rub on the frame with stock rims.

Also remember with the 318, you will have a clearance problem with the fan
blade and the lower radiator hose. Most of the V8 Dakotas I've seen lifted
had electric fans.

Walter Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4
WWW.GeoCities.Com/~Walter_Felix