F&!*ing Self Ejecting Cupholders!

From: Walter_Felix (Walter_Felix@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 09:18:04 EST

The 1st & 2nd gen cupholders refuse to stay in the dash when in the closed
position.

Here's an easier fix. Unlatch the spring. When you slid it out of the dash
a spring forces the plastic bar down to form the seat of the cupholder. It
keeps constant tension on the bar and with the rounded edge below the
cupholder, when you go over a bump or floor it, the spring tension forces
the cupholder to eject. With the holder out, look underneath, between the
two holes. Unhook the spring clip with your finger. The bar is loose
enough that gravity will cause it to fold down when you pull out the
cupholder.

Walter Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4
WWW.GeoCities.Com/~Walter_Felix