Re: S. Cali SCCA Autocross

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 03:18:25 EST

Web page for future events. WOW This was fun, and I didn't
even drive myself. Well, I drove there, and watched. All I can
say is I'm glad I wasn't in the $50,000 investment club, to get
my time on the same track beat by a 12 yr old in a $3k kart.
 I got about 20 min of video shot, in between 747 overflights,
and I got all of Garys (3) runs he did today. I did miss seeing the
track eat the purple Ranger's drivers side and mirror. (it just
reached up, and hauled that truck over on it's side). Nice purple
paint job and door skin on that asphalt dude! Snapped the rearview
mirror off, ground the plastic mount down to door jamb, but didn't
crack the mirror glass, or the drivers window glass.
 Veteran drivers couldent see the course, lots of them failed to
finish, or whatever the jargon is when you loose the track. The other
trucks tried to keep up with Gary, but he took the sport truck times.
 I'f I'd had a helmet, got there a bit earlier, and was feeling less
like leftover wedding and birthday party from Sat, I might have given
it a shot myself. Gary, how much will your truck pay (to avoid
having the shot of it eating a cone)? There were 'vetts that didn't
make Dakota times!

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that
could be concealed forever. You might