Re: DML:Glasspacks

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 07:57:43 EST

They're (glasspacks) probably not any worse than stock; however, turbo
mufflers flow better than glasspacks (don't let the sound fool you), and,
thus, they tend to develop a little more hp and mileage while having a more
mellow, throaty sound (less cackly).

It may not be worth the expense to go to turbos if you're just looking for a
little more mpg or hp, unless 1) you're a bracket racer and need that extra
0.05 sec, or 2) you need to replace your mufflers anyway, or 3) you
appreciate the sound of the turbos.