Re: RE: Do I need new shocks for drop? -Reply -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 18:05:10 EST

>>Please Explain Mike...did you have a problem with AIM? What other
blocks do
you suggest?<<

okay.. =)
I'm not a Lowerin' Expert or anything, but this is what I know =)
I hang out on Sportruck.com, and A LOT of people post about the shotty
quality and poor customer service from AIM. Just as an experiment, go to
http://www.sportruck.com and go to the truck tech forum and post a
question titled "AIM good or bad?". Everytime someone does this there
are about 1000 responses and about 99% of them say "it's trash".. most
of the guys on this forum are chevy guys.. what's my point? If AIM can't
make a decent product for Dime-a-Dozen Chevys, then how good of a
product can they make, period? From what I've heard, they are being
sued by several people for shotty quality and damage done to vehicles
by poor products. Other companies to avoid are Chassis Tech (owned
by AIM, but they won't tell you that) and Godfather Customs (uses shotty
parts as well). As far as blocks, I've never used them, but I just can't
trust a 3" tall block of metal holding my suspension/the entire weight of
my truck under that kind of stress. I don't recommend them. Most of the
trucks you see in the mags and the well built one's on the street aren't
using blocks. I've heard many horror stories about blocks breaking and
causing the suspension to "pop" back into place..which would be pretty
scary at 50mph =) I'm plannin' to lower my dak this summer, and I plan to
spend a lot of money to make sure it is safe an done right. When it comes
to Engine stuff and suspension stuff, "you get what you pay for" is the
only thing you need to remember =) I plan to use Western Chassis stuff
available from Sport Truck Direct.. cost $$$, but it's some of the best
stuff out there, and I trust nothin' nothin' less for my 3000+lb dak to be
sittin' on =)
just my $0.02

-mike d.