Re: Drilled Rotors...

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 18:08:35 EST

Patrick Delgado wrote:

> Drilling rotors merely allow them to dissipate heat faster. Do you have
> overheating brakes?
> Dr. Pat
> ----------
> >From: Donny M Hayes <dakota_59_rt@yahoo.com>
> >To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> >Subject: DML: Drilled Rotors...
> >Date: Mon, Feb 22, 1999, 7:34 PM
> >

> > Anyone know of a source for cross drilled rotors for the Dak? (98 RT).
> > Iv'e seen them for the Chevy's but not for the Dodge trucks...looking
> > to upgrade my brakes (tired of the sponge feel) and wondering if
> > anyone on the list had any experiences to share....

Donny,

Porterfield Enterprises in So. Cal has cross-drilled pieces for the late
DAKs. The price is reasonable as well. Much less than what you'll pay at
some place like Stillen. They also stock carbon fiber pads(rear shoes
available too!)for same. Give 'em a call at (714)548-4470.

I've got a set of their pads(yet to be installed) and I'm considering
the rotors.

Bob