Re: Drilled Rotors...

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 20:28:45 EST

>Drilling rotors merely allow them to dissipate heat faster.

AND reduce the total area of the rotor.

>- ----------

>> Anyone know of a source for cross drilled rotors for the Dak? (98 RT).
>> Iv'e seen them for the Chevy's but not for the Dodge trucks...looking
>> to upgrade my brakes (tired of the sponge feel) and wondering if
>> anyone on the list had any experiences to share....

Try just bleeding the brakes. There are a couple of mods popular with
the Impala SS crowd to improve braking, but MANY have found that simply
bleeding the brakes REALLY improves the feel under the foot. Also, since
the Dak has rear drum brakes, try adjusting them. Adjust them until the
shoes just rub on the drum, and you should get a MUCH more solid feel in
the pedal. Just my $0.02.

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T
95 DGGM SSSS