Roller 318/360's

From: Donald Hoyt (don.hoyt@pmail.net)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 20:35:27 EST

Articles in Mopar Muscle point to too-flexible pushrods as a primary reason behind the low redline. Aftermarket rods are readily available.

Roller lifters don't necessarily mean higher RPM's; they provide reduced friction as well as supporting cam lobe profiles much more rounded and aggressive than regular lifters. Valve open/close events can occur much more quickly with the more rounded lobes.

Crane, Competition Cams, and probably others can provide beefy pushrods and vavlve gear upgrades to safely raise the redline on these willing-to-prform engines.

DRH

> > It's strange though...The Dak's, from what i've heard, are "Roller
> Motors".
> > What's up with the 5200rpm Redline?? My old Camaro with the Roller
Cam,
> > Lifters, and Rockers had a redline of 7200rpm (and 408 Cubic
Inches...
Free Email and Home Pages, UK News, Sports and a whole lot more....
Get a free PersonalMail account from http://www.Pmail.net/register

My PersonalMail: Donald Hoyt <don.hoyt@pmail.net>