Re: Antifreeze issues

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 12:19:44 EST

It's fairly easy on the DAK compared to the Intrepid. Release the tension
clamp on the hose that goes from the radiator to the bottle. Plug the
hose with a pencil or attach it to a point (like the hood support) that's
higher than the radiator (otherwise it'll empty the radiator through a
siphon effect). Then, you just unhook the bottle at the top against the
radiator (as I recall there was a slot in the bottle and a prong that
looks like a large nail head on the radiator that goes into the slot).
Slip the new one in the same way, reattach the hose and refill the bottle
with 50/50 distilled water and A/F. Run the engine to relaease any
trapped air and refill the bottle as needed. Mine's a '95 like yours;
should be pretty simple.

richard in SA

n Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:46:59 -0500 Robert Trottmann