RE: A new member.

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 14:25:03 EST

Frank,
Sounds like your sending unit has gone bad. This is a fairly common
problem. I have had to replace the unit once so far. There have been
others on the list that have had their units replaces 4-5 times. Since you
have to drop the tank to get at the unit, I would recommend replacing the
entire unit as opposed to just one component of it. It contains the fuel
pump, the sending unit, and one of the fuel filters. I can't remember if
there is anything else in the module. Make sure you replace the gasket on
the fuel tank also.
Rich - Ashburn, VA