Re: Racing in Burlington Ont.

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 16:05:57 EST

Hi, Norah:

<What is cruise night at Mapleview?>
<Will you be going to the auto show this Saturday?>

Sorry, I won't be able to make it on Saturday ... family
events ... birthdays, birthdays. Give my best to everyone.

Cruise nights are not as exciting as racing. People bring
their cars/trucks and do a show and tell. You get to see
some of the local vehicles and talk with the owners about their
history, upkeep, etc. The one at Mapleview mall in Burlington
is a bit unique, in that it isn't restricted to classics and muscle cars.
The organizers reserve two sections of the parking lot; one for older
cars/trucks and the other for the newer ones. It's free for everyone
and participants get a ticket for the draw prizes at the end of the night.
When I started taking the Dakota, there were not many pickups coming
but, in the last couple of years, you'll usually see about 6-12
show up.

These kind of cruise nights have become quite popular around
Ontario towns/cities in the past few years.

Sorry I'll miss everyone. Take care.

Bob, Burlington.