Re: TB Spacers

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 20:11:39 EST

You ever notice how when you flush the toilet, the water goes down in a
counter-clockwise direction? This is due to geostrophic forces (Coriolis
effect) created by the earth's rotation. Actually, all whirlpools in the
northern hemisphere rotate counter-clockwise and the toilet manufacturers
made use of this knowledge and directed their flushing jets in the same
general direction (consequently, South American toilets won't work very well
up here). The water's rotation helps "suck" it down the toilet hole.

Anyway, my point is, whoever designs this helix had better make sure it
directs air in a counter-clockwise rotation (same goes for that
'tornado-air' thingy). And for you people south of the equator, don't buy
one of these unless is was manufactured specifically for your locale, i.e. -
clockwise direction. Otherwise, you will be restricting your airflow.

Sorry, just rambling........