Re: RE:DML TB Spacers

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 20:25:54 EST

What about when you drain a bathtub, or when water drains out of a hole in a
bucket, or other basin? The whirlpool created is always counter-clockwise,
as are tornados and hurricanes in the northern hemisphere. Also,
limnological studies have shown that in larger lakes, waves will be
deflected at a 45-degree angle to the wind.

As far as whether it affects small stuff? Well, you can stand an egg on its
end on the equator, as well as anywhere in the world during the vernal and
autumnal equinoxes (equinoxii?). Hmmm, wonder if you could get reverse
rotation out of a whirlpool during the equinox? Anyway, I would be
interested in those studies. Do you have a source for them?