Re: plugwire cross-fire check

From: Kevin Rankin (Krrankin@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 19:16:36 EST

At 09:57 PM 2/23/99 -0600, you wrote:
>OK, I checked for arcing the other night (again) and this time there wasn't
>any. Again last night, there was no arcing. I thought this was strange
>since the truck had a rough idle at the stoplights. So tonight I checked it
>again and it was arcing. The difference? Tonight I checked it with the
>engine warm - just after I had driven across town. Other 2 nights, I had
>checked it when the engine was cold (had sat for an hour or two).

<big snip>
The techs where I work at Saturn (I know, but I got my Dak there!) =) use
a spray bottle of water on the plug wires to induce arcing. If the wires
are bad, the water uncovers it...and they don't need to be in the dark.
Take it for what it's worth. YMMV.

Kevin Rankin
KRRankin@earthlink.net

"Out of the modem, through the server,