Re: auto vs 3,4,5,6 speed

From: B Gecko (gecko517@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 15:38:22 EST

I would take a 6-speed Richmond any day. The reason I like my 5-speed
is because I wanted a truck that feels like a sports car. I enjoy
blasting 25mph cloverleafs at 55, gear selecting through a series of
tight turns and being able to haul my watercraft to the races. A 300zx
with a hitch. Non-turbo of course!
Brad
BTW I do know how to drive my truck. I have consistently beat my buds
Dakota, on the street. The only dif between ours is the trannys.
That's not to say Joe Racer won't pull up beside me with his auto and
kick my ass!:)

---Alan Short <ashort@flash.net> wrote:

> All B.S. aside, if there were a choice of a manual tranny in an R/T,
I'd
> still go for the auto. I'm lazy by nature and the last thing I want is
> more to do. 6spd?=6times the work for every stop/start.
> AND, I do love the consistency at the track. It runs great times on a
> consistent basis.
> Burnout capabilities? Whoever spins the tires most, loses the most
> traction(and buys more tires). Alan S.

==
black '97 Sport RC
318 5-speed 3.55 SG